Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You've Been Spotted




Besides reporting fashion news and trends, the Style Spotter's main mission is to... well, spot style of course! In order to be spotted one must have a unique sense of style. One must be daring, chic and fresh. One must also love fashion. Style Spotter spotted Lika and knew she had to be the first fashion profile.

Lika's sense of style is as individual as a snowflake. She mixes a little bit of American Punk with Tokyo Neo style. We stopped Lika in the halls of UNSAID company because she was killing us with her retro hat, blinding us with the jewels around her neck that are so in for spring and spewing confidence from her 3 inch heels.

Below Lika graciously answers a few fashion questions for the Style-Spotter.

Describe your fashion style.
It's a matter of balance for me. I don't like to put myself in a certain category but my style is definitely influenced by punk and of the fashions of Japan. Not to sound all Gwen Stefani, but it's not surprising that she has the Harajuku Girls in the background (although they don't dress nearly as impressive as the real ones on the streets of Takeshitadoori). It's also the way you present yourself too. Whenever I try out something new or something outside of your comfort range, let's say the hat that I'm wearing in the picture for example, I'm extra careful about my posture. With a good posture you'll look confident in it even if you aren’t.

Animals can be as fashionable as humans. Who wouldn't kill for a coat like the tigers' or leopards'! (OK maybe not the PETA folks.) So, what is your fashion animal and why? Mine is a sheep I would want to stay warm, especially in this horrid cold. I like the look of the fur it's nice, soft and cozy. It also comes in different shades of white and brown.
This is a very, very interesting question and a hard one to answer. I'll say hermit crabs. They change their shells every so often if I remember correctly. I like to have options. Are they the only animals that can do that?

Top shops where you like to spend your $
Steve Madden, Search and Destroy (on St. Marks), stores all over soho.

Fashion Icons you admire
Vivienne Westwood Shiina Ringo (Japanese singer)

How did your mom dress you when you were a child?
Er...I'm a twin so there were times when my sister and I were dressed completely the same. I thought that was kind of tacky back then, but I wouldn't mind doing that now. I guess we can give it try one day. :)

No comments: